Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Learning About Islam

I am on a quest to learn what my Islamic brothers and sisters, in the since that we are brothers in humanity, are feeling about the peace process.

I seems that it depends on who you ask weather or not Islam is a peaceful religion. I am for expressing yourself in word as passionately as you can. Maybe then those words will not become harmful actions.

I just googled Wahhabism and found some interesting definitions on Wikipedia.

Fiqh

The Wahhabis/Salafis consider themselves to be 'non-imitators' or 'not attached to tradition' (ghayr muqallidun), and therefore answerable to no school of law at all, observing instead what they would call the practice of early Islam. However, to do so does correspond to the ideal aimed at by Ibn Hanbal, and thus they can be said to be of his 'school'.[22]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wahhabi

I have one issue with the Fiqh definition. "answerable to no school of law at all" as Americans we are answerable to law. How does the Wahhabi brother or sister reconcile this conflict. Anarchy is not an option in America or any other civilized nation.

Later SLM