Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Man Over Board

In my humble opinion loyalty is key in politics. We as Americans are a finicky people when it comes to our representatives in Congress and the Executive Branch. But we have a right to be. Their salaries are paid with tax dollars. I personally don't contribute that much to the tax pool as far as monitary funds go. But sales tax does count for something.

Because the people who pay their salaries will have some hard questions to ask. Like, why don't I get the same health care as one who has more insurance than I do? Or I should say better health coverage than I do.

The Pollters say that Republicans are going to win the House of Representatives in the next elections. My question to the pollters is this. Must we be in political office to influence the Legislative Branch. If I remember correctly Mr. Bill Gates went to congress to testify and had Congress jumpin to his beat. I don't remember him winning any political office of any kind.

President Clinton will always be callled President and will influence our way of doing things until he dies. So why are so many people holding on to what the polls say. Influence comes in many forms. My Grandmamma always told me never to take anyone for granted. I really think people who distance themselves from a President or anyone in power just because he or she is unpopular is not the best way to go. So lets not throw the President overboard just yet.

Our current economic situation is not a Jonah situation.

SLM