Friday, April 15, 2011

Judgement

Obadiah 1:17 But upon mount Zion shall be deliverance, and there shall be holiness; and the house of Jacob shall possess their possessions.


My definition of escape or spiritual deliverance is simply a way out of. Of what? Anything and everything that would prevent one from experiencing the Love of God for the individual and the group collectivly.That specific anything would be different in each individuals case. In Obadiah there is a negative judgement pronounced on the wicked of the day, but on God's people there is another pronouncement one of a promise of possisions and powerful deliverance. The wicked in this case is anyone who would take Love and twist it against its Author.

In a eariler post I mentioned Loving your neighbor in a individual way or a way that the individual would like to be Loved. Because Love is like that it does not seek its own. But let me clarify the butter here. Those likes should never come in a manner that is opposite or opposed to One who is Love and that is God. Because the one who we call Jesus Loved us unto death so that we could live a life full of God's Love towards Him and others.

Mount Zion I believe is God's collection of believers assembled together with one purpose in mind. To Love as we are loved by the One who has no wickedness in Him. This Him is Jesus in the flesh of our daily lives. This is an invitation to join us in this quest to remove the stumbling stones that we at one time picked up and threw at one another. But were stopped in our tracks by Love who arested our hearts, and not only convicted us but moved on to compell us to Love Him and others in small and great ways.

I will speak more of the personal small ways with the power of God sprinkled on it in Later post. Because as the miracle of the loaves and fishes. As the song goes, little becomes much when you place it in the masters hand. The small ways of God are day to day activity that honors God or commonly known as worship. I perfer that with prophetic worship music on instruments. Kind of like really good coffee with whipped cream on top.

But back to the point of the sword. God's people will have a judgement also. It is already decided, grace (khane - strongs number H2580) Psalms 84:11-12 so this is an open invitation. God loves people cuz He created us and validates all who are worth anything.

Earthquakes are not the judgement of God, bad weather is not from God. I think that His creation is affected by sin which is our separation from God's power. His power is His Good News. Without Jesus we are all lost. There is no way of escape without the power that Jesus provides through His sacrifice on His Cross. Justice or God's judgement is good and Godly for those who overcome evil with good. So confess Jesus today if you are alienanated from God.

Pray this prayer with me. Jesus I want to be in your family. Forgive my sins that have twisted my good intentions to live a Godly life apart from you. Please turn your negative judgement in my personal life to vengence against your enemies in my personal life. Show me how to live for you. Open your Scriptures to me so that I will know your better.

Rise up in me Lord Jesus as the Holy Spirit raised You from the dead and live Your life through mine. Help me to forgive those who have tresspassed against me as you now forgive me. Give me Holy Spirit power to walk in your purpose for my life so that every thing will work together for good. Amen.


Later Aligator - Exodus 2:3
SLM. Shundra L. Moore